Posted: September 13th, 2022
The influence of genetics on an individual’s health and risk for disease.
Family Genetic History
Guidelines and Grading Rubric
This assignment is to help you gain insight regarding the influence of genetics on an individual’s health and risk for disease. You are to obtain a family genetic history on a willing, nonrelated, adult participant.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO #3: Utilize effective communication when performing a health assessment. (PO #3)
CO #5: Explore the professional responsibilities involved in conducting a comprehensive health assessment and providing appropriate documentation. (PO #6)
When taking a family genetic history on an actual client, it is essential that the information is accurate. Please inform the person you are interviewing that they do NOT need to disclose information that they wish to keep confidential. If the adult participant decides not to share information, please write, “Does not want to disclose.”
1. Refer to the examples in Chapter 4 of your textbook that discuss development of a genogram.
2. Download the NR305_Family_Genetic_History_Form from Doc Sharing. You will document the adult participant’s family genetic history using this MS Word document.
3. Complete the family genetic history using the information that the adult participant is willing to share with you. The focus of this course is on the normal “healthy” individual so your paper does not need to contain much medical/nursing detail. Refer to your textbook or the Internet to learn what impact the family’s health history may have on the adult participant’s personal state of wellness both now and in the future.
This paper does not require APA formatting, but you are expected to write clearly and use proper grammar and spelling.
Developing a pictorial genogram using symbols to identify certain relationships(e.g., divorced, sibling, deceased, etc.), may provide more insight, however, drawing may be difficult to accomplish withMS Word, therefore you are not expected to use symbols, lines, or other drawing elements. Instead, describe the relationships among the various people in theadult participant’s family’s genetic history. Remember, the goal is not to learn how to draw with Word, but to gather information about the family and recognize its significance to the adult participant and that person’s health.
4. Save the completed form by clicking on “Save as” and add your last name to the file name, e.g., “NR305_Family_Genetic_History_Form_Smith”.
5. Submit the completed form to the Family Genetic Historybasket in the Dropbox by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 3. Please post questions about this assignment to the weekly Q&A Forums so the entire class may view the answers.
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers
Can't find what you are looking for?
Post your question on More Essays and get help from one of our expert tutors in topics ranging from mathematics to rocket science!
It’s that time again! Fall is right around the corner, and you know what that means: it’s time to hit the books.
Whether you’re a student who needs help with an upcoming assignment or an educator who needs help with their students’ homework, Moreessays.com has the answers you seek. We have affordable prices and an army of professional editors who are always ready to help.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.